Parish Care volunteers provide occasional meals, rides to medical appointments, and visits to those who are homebound. Our prayer team prays for members of the church and the larger community upon request.
We delight in adding more members of our congregation to our list of volunteers. Much joy is gained from aiding another and all efforts are made to ensure that no one person is asked to do too much.
In Galatians 6 we are charged both to bear one another’s burdens and to carry our own loads.Though fiercely independent and carrying our own loads there are times that the load becomes a burden.
Many members of the congregation have volunteered to provide meals, rides, visits and prayers for church members and members of the community. Our goals are:
- To share God’s love.
- To provide a hand where it is needed.
- To share these opportunities so no one is burdened.
- To invite other members to lend a hand when the opportunities arise.
- To increase the number of people who let us know of those who might need help. If we don’t know of a need, we can’t help! The Facilitators for each week are listed in the Newsletter and on each Sunday bulletin.
- To support members of our community with prayer
A notebook is available for reference in the Library providing directions to most of the nursing homes, rehabilitation centers and hospitals in Boston and the North Shore. Also available are books on prayer and caring networks.
Do join us! Any questions? Please leave a message with the church office,